[SOFT] Running a Jekyll server on Windows
First off, install the following software:
Next start Git Bash from the Start menu and:
- Install jekyll and bundler -
gem install jekyll bundler
- Wait a while as Git Bash installs all the things!
Still in Git Bash, let's prep your website:
- Browse to where you want your site folder on your computer -
- Create website -
jekyll new nameofwebsite.
- Jekyll will build the site structure in the
- Browse to the created folder -
- Start the Jekyll server from inside your website's folder -
- Open a browser to view your site at http://127.0.0.1:4000.
You can stop the Jekyll server anytime with CTRL+C in Git Bash. Enjoy!